This combination makes possible the performance of sophisticated behavioral paradigms independently in two animals with no additional equipment except cages.
The Wireless Stimulation Setup lets you perform the following functions:
- Senses behavioral patterns via a Video Zone trigger or activation of 2 electrical sensors per animal/cage.
- Calculates the number of signals from the active zones and the number and times of activation of the electrical sensors (e.g., the time of nose pokes).
- Calculates a preference for the number of activated sensors.
- Runs wireless electrical or optical stimulation when chosen sensors are activated.
- Delivers stabilized pulses of current or light in a single burst.
- Provides fixed time interval of (self) stimulation upon each activation of the sensors.
- Produces automatic burst stimulations at predefined time intervals as long as the batteries last.
The Wireless Stimulation Setup includes:
- USB camera for visual detection of motion/immobility and triggering stimulation
- a computer with software and drivers
- a switch box with 4 electrical inputs for external devices that can trigger stimulation (e.g., levers, photobeams, etc., providing that these devices close electrical contacts or produce 3-5 V positive pulses)
- 2 wireless electro- or optostimulation devices
- 2 infrared transmitters.